Teaching and Bible study notes by Jim Kerwin
Review from last week:
- Fellowship and koinonia.
- How would your life be different if you lived in unbroken, moment-by-moment fellowship with the living God?
What was God’s original intention? What was His end-goal?
- Repentance, confession, salvation, New Birth, sanctification, filling with the Spirit–all are necessary, all are commanded, but all are remedial and corrective in nature.
- What was God’s intention for us if there had been no Fall, no sin?
King David asked the right question: “What is Man?”
- Psalm 144:3-5
- Psalm 8 (entire psalm)
- Lower than the angels? Than God? Translating the word elohim.
- [Side note: For some fascinating teaching about the elohim, listen to Percy Gutteridge's message The Most High and Elohim.]
- Hebrews 2:5-9 also quotes and considers David’s question.
- Genesis 1:26-31 — “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness…”
- Philippians 2:5-11 — Jesus divested Himself of the prerogatives of His Godhood and became fully, truly, human, to serve as an example of how we are to live before God and in fellowship with Him.
This week’s questions:
- Is God satisfied about the quality of your fellowship with Him?
- Is He getting all out of the relationship with you that He desires?
- Does He find that you have a real desire to be in unbroken fellowship with Him?
- What does He find that hinders such intimacy and communion with Him?
For next week: The Fallacy of the “God Bag”!
More teaching by Jim Kerwin and others can be found on the Finest of the Wheat website.