Show Notes by Jim Kerwin for Kernels of Wheat Podcast
Episode 022 – We Lend a Hand with LendAHand in Costa Rica, Including an Interview with Bobby Hoyle
Late on Friday, August 3, I returned from another teaching trip, this time to Costa Rica. In this podcast, I share for about fifteen minutes on my small part in teaching a group of pastors associated with Iglesia Centro Misionero in Los Guido, San José, Costa Rica. I cover some of the highlights of the trip, but I encourage you to read these three related blog posts also:
What you may find even more interesting is this episode’s interview with LendAHand Mission Teams founder and leader, Rev. Bobby Hoyle. Bobby was our team leader and made the arrangements for the trip. The story of how he got involved in missions late in life, how LendAHand was formed, what it does, and how God is using it will be inspiring to many. And let’s just say that Bobby is a man who has a very… well, let’s say unconventional… definition of “retirement”!
In the interview (which starts at approximately 18:30 in the broadcast), Bobby gives a special word of thanks to Kingsway Charities, so be certain to click through and visit their website and learn about their ministry. Their primary focus is international medical missions.
- Dr. Raymond Rempt, one of my two fathers in the Lord, is the founder of FigTree.net, and the author of Never Before, Never Again: Getting Your Feet Wet in Missions. The book, which highlights the unique opportunity God is offering for involvement in short-term missions, is available from Amazon.com, or, if you’d rather purchase a copy directly from Ray, drop him a line.
- Website: http://www.lendahandmissionteams.org/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lendahandmissionteams
- E-mail: Click here for e-mail.
- Phone: 757.479.5527
- Mailing address: 1585 Coolspring Way, Virginia Beach, Virginia, 23464 USA
Rear (L to R): Mark Fisher, Ricardo (retreat-center superintendent), Jim Kerwin, Darrell Roland
Next episode, Lord willing, we’ll be back on track with our study of 1 John, chapter 2, introducing the topic of antichrist in a way you’ve probably never heard it — in context!
Your feedback is appreciated. Leave a comment (below) or drop us an e-mail.
More teaching by Jim Kerwin and others can be found on the Finest of the Wheat website.
Podcast theme music: “Steam Train” from the John Williams album Dusty Porch, under license from Magnatune.com. Photos were taken by the author. Cover of Never Before, Never Again, is used by permission of Dr. Raymond D. Rempt.