000 Kernels of Wheat – “On Your Mark, Get Set…”
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
Jim Kerwin, Bible Teacher for Kernels of Wheat
Show Notes for Kernels of Wheat Episode 000:
- Kernels of Wheat will be a weekly Bible-teaching podcast, lasting from 20 to 30 minutes each episode. It is a facet of the teaching ministry of Finest of the Wheat Teaching Fellowship.
- Our focus for the next few months, starting next week in Episode 001, will be a thorough exploration of the First Letter of John the Apostle.
- Scriptures referred to in this episode include:
- Amos 8:11-12—A famine of hearing the word of the Lord
- 2 Corinthians 2:17—The danger of hucksterizing God's Word
- 2 Corinthians 4:1-2—Adulterating (watering down) God's Word
- 2 Timothy 3:15—4:4—The important purposes of sound teaching; the danger of Christians who want their ears tickled
- “Lord, Lord”?
- Luke 6:46—“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord' and not do what I say?”
- Matthew 7:21-22—“Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord'…”
- 2 Timothy 2:24-26—Teaching those who “oppose themselves”
- Isaiah 6—“Here am I. Send me!” (See also recent article on this chapter entitled Leper in the Throne Room.)
- The 1 John Challenge—Read through 1 John (only 5 chapters!) once each week for the duration of our study
- Specifics on other resources mentioned generally:
Subscribe to the Kernels of Wheat weekly podcast: