Jim Kerwin’s Show Notes for Kernels of Wheat Podcast
Episode 010 – That Uncomfortable Word – Part 2
Reviewing the Article So Far
Most of the “notes” for this week can be found in the online article entitled That Uncomfortable Word–Conviction!
- What is sin? Sin is anomia–lawlessness, to be outside of God’s revealed Law (1 John 3:4).
- The Questions We Seek to Answer:
- What is conviction?
- How does God accomplish conviction?
- How may we yield ourselves to God to see true conviction of sin–and thus true and real conversions–through our ministries?
Six Tools the Holy Spirit Uses to Accomplish Conviction:
- Human Agency
- God’s Moral Law
- The Attributes of God
- Human Conscience
- The Gift of Prophecy
- Any Means that Strikes God’s Fancy
Key Scriptures This Week Include:
- John 4:16-24
- Acts 17:22-31
- John 8:2-12
- 1 Corinthians 14:24-25
- Jude 20-23
- Revelation 3:19
For Next Week: The Love Meter
Your feedback is appreciated. Leave a comment (below) or drop us an e-mail.
More teaching by Jim Kerwin and others can be found on the Finest of the Wheat website.
Subscribe to the Kernels of Wheat weekly podcast:
(Stock photo used under license from 123rd.com.)