The Smokey Row Interview
with Steve, Kelly, and Nick Solheim
with World Gospel Mission
In this podcast, we interview Steve and Kelly and Nick Solheim of World Gospel Mission. They're discovering their support so that they can return to their assignments at Escuela El Sembrador (School of the Sower) in Honduras.
The story of how they wound up on the mission field will open your eyes and make you look at yourself differently in the mirror. They went from never having met a missionary of any sort in person, to finding themselves on the mission field in record time; yet they're the most “normal,” down-to-earth middle-class couple you'll ever meet. Denise and I were taken by how “real” they were all week at the Iowa Holiness Association camp meeting in June. (You'll find some links to an online picture album of our week at camp at the bottom of this blog post.) We felt that the Lord wanted us to share their story.
Team Solheim Links
You'll learn a fair bit about Steve and Kelly and Nick (Team Solheim as they call themselves) in the audio. But here are important links to pursue as you get to know them better (and as you consider whether the Lord would have you to share in their monthly support):
- World Gospel Mission (WGM), the agency through which they are going out as missionaries
- A biography page for Steve and Kelly
- Their blog page, regularly updated
- The Team Solheim Facebook page (Like ’em!)
- Web page and Facebook page for Escuela El Sembrador (both in English)
- The WGM donation page for the Solheims' ministry, where you might be led to help them raise the remaining $2,000 per month in support that they need in order to return to the school.
Bonus Video: Go and Make Disciples
Just as I was putting the shownotes together today, Kelly e-mailed me a link to their new video. It's well done, and way too good not to share.
One More Link
Denise put together a small photo album of Iowa Holiness Association camp meeting highlights.